I guess I have never lived in a small town before. While this may be a funny way to start this post...let me explain....
Football season starts and EVERYONE (this is not an exaggeration) goes to the football games on Friday nights. If you happen to want to make plans with anyone and the conversation starts, "What are you doing tonight?" They will inevitably tell you, "Going to the game." Now if you are silly (like me) and respond with, "What game?" They will look at you like you are crazy, or from another planet, and say (with a "DUH" tone in their voice), "The football game!" How could I be SO out of the loop!!! BUT, on the day of the homecoming game......
Living in a small town puts a whole new light on things. Homecoming is a big deal to the WHOLE TOWN! Not just to the high school students.
Today is "The BIG Homecoming Game" here in Coolidge. Which, if you care to notice the time, I am not at. "Stone the traitor!!!" :)
So this morning at 10:30am I walked, with my children, over to the church (which is just behind our house and over a bit) where we could sit in the shade & enjoy the big HOMECOMING PARADE!!! Who does that!!?! Has a parade just because it's homecoming!!?! COOLIDGE, OF COURSE! And supposedly other little towns like this.
And of course the FFA puts on a barbecue tonight, for the whole town, right before "the game". Then after you have fed your family you all head over to the football field to watch "the game".
OK- so I am making fun of the whole thing. Which really isn't nice. And I really do think it's fun. I am just still in amazement over the whole big production that goes on just because of a football game. And that the whole town gets involved!
But like I said.... I guess I never lived in a small town before!
So below are some pictures I took at the parade. And one thing I have to say about parades in small towns is that they still throw candy...and that is lots of fun for little girls named Addie!
Football season starts and EVERYONE (this is not an exaggeration) goes to the football games on Friday nights. If you happen to want to make plans with anyone and the conversation starts, "What are you doing tonight?" They will inevitably tell you, "Going to the game." Now if you are silly (like me) and respond with, "What game?" They will look at you like you are crazy, or from another planet, and say (with a "DUH" tone in their voice), "The football game!" How could I be SO out of the loop!!! BUT, on the day of the homecoming game......
Living in a small town puts a whole new light on things. Homecoming is a big deal to the WHOLE TOWN! Not just to the high school students.
Today is "The BIG Homecoming Game" here in Coolidge. Which, if you care to notice the time, I am not at. "Stone the traitor!!!" :)
So this morning at 10:30am I walked, with my children, over to the church (which is just behind our house and over a bit) where we could sit in the shade & enjoy the big HOMECOMING PARADE!!! Who does that!!?! Has a parade just because it's homecoming!!?! COOLIDGE, OF COURSE! And supposedly other little towns like this.
And of course the FFA puts on a barbecue tonight, for the whole town, right before "the game". Then after you have fed your family you all head over to the football field to watch "the game".
OK- so I am making fun of the whole thing. Which really isn't nice. And I really do think it's fun. I am just still in amazement over the whole big production that goes on just because of a football game. And that the whole town gets involved!
But like I said.... I guess I never lived in a small town before!
So below are some pictures I took at the parade. And one thing I have to say about parades in small towns is that they still throw candy...and that is lots of fun for little girls named Addie!
Enjoy the slide show!

3 comments:
ok nat, i just watched all of the things that you have posted and love it! I think that home town parades are the best. That was a memory maker today. Keep it up you good little mom you!
What the heck? Scott and I are WAY out of the loop. I didn't know there was a parade and I guess I did hear about the "game" but didn't really get it. Wasn't it hot out there?! Obviously, we're not small town folks either! Looks like you had fun though!
I guess I can be offically classified as a small town girl! Not only did we go to the parade we hit the bbq and of course the game. We were even lucky to sit with the old timers:) I guess it is fitting, Bruce is a high priest now!
Post a Comment