Thursday, August 8, 2013

Not the same

I can tell when I don't fit in.
I can tell when I am not the same as the rest of the group.
Nice people, just not the same personalities.
And when this happens I find myself judging the others.
This is not OK.
But it happens.
I miss my old town.
I miss the people there.
We may not have all been the same, but at least I felt like the same things were important to everyone.
Here I feel like there is so much frivolousness.
And the things that are important are superficial.
And the things that should be important, aren't.
And it's fake.
And it makes me sad.
And I miss my old town.

3 comments:

Cara @ Gardenview Cottage said...

Im sorrry you feel that way. I know, for me it takes a good 3 years for me to really feel a part of the ward and neighborhood. Change is hard, especially the older we get. Chin up buttercup. Things will get better.

LucyH said...

we miss you too!!! I miss our chats!

Charity said...

Nat! I love you girl. I know Im far away, but can you just IMAGINE what it would be like if we were in the same neighborhood. Do I dare say it...neighbors even?! Oh yeah. Keep that happy thought and we will will it to happen one day!
HUGS woman!