Saturday, August 27, 2011

Point taken.

I was talking to a friend today. We were bemoaning the fact the we (each) only have 2 children. And feel completely out of control of that situation. And how unfair we feel it is for all of our friends that can choose when, where, and how they want their children to join their family. Now- in our defense, we KNOW that isn't really how it is. And we also realize there are other women out there that have no children to our 2. And could easily feel the same about us. But when you are feeling bummed about something like that, it's easy to say & feel whatever you want. Whether it's true or not.

I was also reading sister3's blog today. She wrote a beautiful post about her family. Specifically her children. And how she is so content with her life and herself right now. And how blessed she feels. And I found myself being humbled by her words. They spoke directly to my heart.

Point taken. I have some work to do.

4 comments:

trublubyu said...

i love you, sister!!

Ruth P said...

Oh, Nat! I love you, too!

Necia said...

As I already said...thx for the always listening ear and the understanding heart!! love ya

Plaksey said...

even when you being blessed (which we are being blessed on a daily basis), it's okay to mourn the life you thought you'd have. us women, especially, always have this feeling of always needing to feel happy with life, always looking at a silver lining...sometimes, it's fine to cry over what we don't have, what we know we still want but don't. that's where goals and dreams come from. the key is to cry, moan, ask "why me?" or "why not me?", then dry your eyes and move on to bigger and better.