Friday, April 22, 2011

Book Club

BOOK: The Great Gatsby
By: F Scott Fitzgerald
HOSTess: Sister1

I arrived a few minutes early. As I was getting out of my car I was accosted by the little people (mostly niece1.3) and told to enter through the front door.

I knocked.
"What's the password?"
Do I dare tell you? I don't know if this should be public knowledge. 
OK I will tell- if you use the following information wisely...or not at all. Whatever you desire.
"Once again to Zelda." I replied.
The door opened and my eyes met the most glorious sight. I was instantly in a speakeasy. Magically transported back in time. (kinda) To the 1920's. (complete with 20's attire)
 
Seriously, sister1 could not have done a better job preparing for this book club. It was so much fun. We all obsessed over the word search, discussed thought provoking questions about the book and the era, danced to The Charleston, ate yummy food, guessed which character we were (you know- the game where you have a name on your back and have to guess who it is), and laughed. A lot.

It was a wonderful evening. And all but one of us was there. Sister2 had important business that kept her away. We missed her, but had fun anyway. You know how it goes. 


Thanks sister1 for all of your hard work to make it such a lovely evening with a great discussion!!

I had more pictures (and a great video of sisters 1 & 7 dancing) to include but due to some uncooperative technical devices (namely the internet) they will not be shown at this time.

1 comment:

Heidi said...

Aw, dang. I want to go to your book club!

P.S. Hope the dog-watching is going well! I miss you and think you need to come for a visit!