Saturday, March 26, 2011

Spread a little sunshine

This post isn't really about this, but I have to tell you what I did last night really quick- 
I was outside playing with the puppy. We got a puppy- did you know it? And I was kicking a ball around and she was chasing it. It was so funny to watch. We were just enjoying a little play time in the dark back yard at 9:30 pm. Honestly- I was trying to wear her out so that MAYBE she wouldn't wake up at 4am and start barking at the other dogs. (it didn't work by the way) 

I chased after her so that I could kick the ball again and stepped in a hole! My foot twisted, I hear a loud *POP*, and I'm on the ground calling for the husband- "Husband! Husband! Husband!" He opens the back door and sees me sitting there, I'm sure wondering "What ever the heck is she doing now!??" I told him what happened and he asked if I needed help up. I said yes, and then said no. I was trying not to cry and trying not to laugh and trying to decided if it was as bad as it felt, all at the same time. It didn't swell up automatically so I didn't know what to think. Finally when it stopped hurting quite so much I let him help me inside. to the couch. where i sat with a drink and the wii. and watched The Cosby Show. :)

So today I could not just sit and rest. I had lots of hair to do. So the husband gently and lovingly rubbed some White Flower oil (or Pak Fah Yeow) on my ankle and wrapped it all up. And aside from some minor discomfort here and there throughout the day, I have done pretty well. At least I can walk- even if I am limping a bit.


So now for the real reason for this post-
I started another a new blog. I have been thinking for the last week or so, while I have been going through my BLAH moment, about if I am a positive or negative person. And I have come to a decision!
I have decided that basically I am a positive person. But that sometimes I have a hard time focusing on the positive stuff because my emotions get in the way. I am basically 99% emotion. So when it comes to things that effect me emotionally (and let's face it, what doesn't!!) I know the logical side of it, but I CHOOSE to act emotionally. And that includes events that bother me. Even though I know the good side to it i choose to look at the negative and ignore the positive. ESPECIALLY when talking to other people. I am a bit of a drama queen and so I guess I figure whatever will get the biggest reaction or sympathy is the route I will take. I don't know. But it sounds plausible.

Well I have decided that I am going to CHOOSE to find something positive in every day. And I am going to try to do a blog post about it. It may just be  something as simple as a picture that made me smile. Or something cute one of my kids said. But it will be SOMETHING. And I just want to be able to share that little bit of sunshine with others. So if you feel so inclined, stop by sometime and see the view

1 comment:

trublubyu said...

great idea for a blog!! and i love the title- because it conjures up happy scenes for me.

hope that ankle is feeling better.