Thursday, February 3, 2011

A week......almost

I have been doing it! All week. Since MONDAY. And I'm not dead yet! haha

I have done pretty well. I have noticed I have felt hungry this week. Which is something new. I usually just snack my way through the day- on junk I might add. And so I don't allow myself to feel that. But really what is interesting about the hunger is that I feel it not too long after I eat a meal. Now I know that I should be eating my fruits and vegies in there, but I am having snacks in the day as well. HEALTHY ones. But I still fell like I am getting hungry sooner after eating. I don't know why this is. But I do know, from talking to my sister, that it will pass and the good food I am putting into my body will soon be more filling than the old junk ever was. That's good to know.

I did end up eating a very small piece of the husband's birthday cake on Tuesday. And I don't feel bad about that. I haven't had any since. We had spaghetti for dinner tonight and I had a very small piece of bread with it. And I don't feel bad about that. I have been eating a salad with lunch and dinner. And they have been mostly spinach. So that is really good. I am drinking TONS of water. I am pretty much letting my kids eat all of the snacks in the pantry gone so that I can replace them with healthier stuff. And I feel great about all of this! The main thing is that I am using self control. Not pigging out. Not feeling sad that I can't have stuff. Because, like with the cake, I wanted some and I had a very small piece. So I was happy. I am going grocery shopping tomorrow and can't wait to get even more of the good foods I need. And on Saturday I am getting a produce basket, which I haven't done since I quit being a sight coordinator. So I TOTALLY can't wait for that. And I'm hoping that we eat enough produce that I have to get another one next week as well.

I know I need to set a few more guidelines for myself and try harder to be more consistent with meal times and such, but for now I feel really good about what I am doing. And I can't wait to start seeing and FEELING the results. An hopefully soon it will motivate me to start exercising too.

No comments: