You know that line in the Little Mermaid when Ursula says, "I'm wasting away to practically nothing!" ? Well that's how I feel right now. Only because I like the dramatic sometimes.
It has been 2 full weeks today since I made the changes to my diet. And I decided it was time to weigh and measure again. So this morning I stepped on the scale. Low and behold I have dropped a few pounds. And a few inches too. I will not bore you with the numbers except to say I am down 8 lbs and down a total of 8 1/2 inches.
If anything, seeing this much results so quickly makes me even MORE excited. And even witnesses to me that eating healthy plays a bigger part in staying lean and healthy than I thought.
I was talking to my mom about this the other day. I was realizing that because of my mom and her mad cooking skills we ate VERY healthy my whole life. Though growing up I did not appreciate this. Especially not her DELICIOUS home made whole wheat bread! haha But as an adult, as I have married and moved out, and not had those same skills, my family (and myself) has suffered from the garbage I have fed them. And from the amount of fast food that we eat. I look at pictures of my mom when she was my age and she was SKINNY. I don't remember my mom gaining weight until she was much older. And she said it was not until our family moved to Arizona that she really put on any real weight. Guys- she had 7 children! And kept most of that weight off simply because of how we ate at home! I don't recall my mom exercising. (I'm sure chasing 7 children around was exercise enough) So that only leaves one conclusion- she ate (and fed her family) healthy food. Sad that I'm 34 and just now realizing what a wonderful blessing that has been in my life.
Of course I am starting slow so that I don't get overwhelmed. But the more I do, the more I learn, the more healthy recipes I try that tun out SO yummy, the more I want to do and learn and try. So- I will add my family fully in to what I am doing- in a bit. And I will add the exercising- in a bit. And in a bit it will all be wonderful and I will know enough to continue being healthy for the rest of my life. But for now I feel really great about what I am already doing. And I am melting away. And LOVING it!

1 comment:
Thank you so much for your wonderful comment on my blog. That was just was I needed to hear! And so awesome that you are loosing weight. I'm sorry to hear you are having struggles over the past year but hey they make us stroqnger right?!? I sure love making new blogging friends, sometimes it's just what we need that day!
Post a Comment