Monday, February 21, 2011

:D

My mom told me today that she can tell that my stomach is going down. She can see a difference!

the children were watching Lady and the Tramp today and asked what kind of dog the scotty was. I said "He's a Scotty dog." and the boy said "our dogs are snotty dogs too!" (they're actually schnauzers)

I am making cup cakes for a bridal shower tomorrow. Red velvet and white with cream cheese frosting. They will all have chocolate lips on them. The theme for the shower is "sealed with a kiss".

The husband got home from North Carolina last night. He was gone for 3 days.

I am having fun making healthy food. I made homemade gravy for the first time yesterday.

I am slowly but surely cleaning out my house and getting rid of the stuff I don't need.

I was able to listen to my children playing in their room quietly and kindly. So what if they were supposed to be getting in bed. I just couldn't stop them and make them obey- I was enjoying the happy QUIET sounds too much!

I was able to let BOTH of my children help me make dinner yesterday by reminding myself to be patient whenever I started to get frustrated. And I instantly calmed down again.

My sweet little one year old niece ran around my mom's house on Friday, while we were there, yelling the girl's name whenever she couldn't see the girl. It is a new thing that the niece has learned to say.

The husband got me a beautiful arrangement of roses (for Valentine's Day) and helped out the Young Women in our ward at the same time.

We read a whole book in the car today as we drove around running errands. We read books in the car whenever we drive somewhere as a family. We are working on the Wizard of OZ series right now. Last year it was The Little House on the Prairie series.

We got an offer on our house.

There is a sweet new baby in the family. What a treat to have that little princess around!

The girl has a boyfriend.....Justin Beaver (as the children call him). I was happy to learn that was the boy. Put me a little more at ease. She also has decided that she is going to marry him. Yeah- we'll see.

I used my mom's wheat grinder and have some fresh whole wheat flour I am going to use to make bread with!

I will be able to get my own wheat grinder soon.

Being healthy is actually fun!.....an adventure that I am finding my way through.

The oldest nephew made it to Latvia safely. And is doing a great work there.

.............................these are just a few of the things that have brought a smile to my face lately.

4 comments:

trublubyu said...

definitely good reasons to smile!!!

Laura said...

Wow, life sounds great for you right now! Im glad things are going good!

Randibee said...

Yay, Nat! You have a GREAT life!

debsfreckles said...

I just got a vitamix and I love it cause it make eating healthy a lot easier. I blend/juice/grind wheat all with the same machine.