This week I learned another lesson. Sent directly to me from a loving Heavenly Father. And I am SO grateful for it. I had a great experience this week. And it came as a direct result of the trial I have been going through. I don't always appreciate my trials. And I can't always say I am thankful for them. And usually it isn't until after the trial is over that I see the importance of going through it. And see, or feel, or receive, or whatever, the blessings.As the trial I have been going through is coming to an end (I know it's weird to know when a trial is going to end, but trust me- I know.) I received an amazing blessing. And I know that I am loved. I know more than ever that Heavenly Father is aware of me and what is going on in my life. And I know he cares. I know that the Savior suffered for my hurts and pain already. I know that no matter what- I will be OK! Life will go on. And I can be better than I was.
The thought I had this morning, or last night, (I'm not really sure because I was drifting some where in semi-consciousness) was: The blessing we think we need is not always the blessing we receive. Now that might not be so profound to most of you, but it was a new thought to me. It was one of those- "I need to write that down and hang it on my fridge" type of thoughts. And it was just one more lesson I learned from the blessing I received and the trial I have gone through. I also learned that the Lord will send the blessing not when YOU want it, but when the Lord is ready. My blessing came at a crucial moment for me. When Heavenly Father knew I would need His help the most. And it has carried me through the last few days. I have no doubt it will continue to carry me for days yet to come. And am amazed at the understanding I have gained of what it means for the Lord to know and love me.
And I am absolutely appreciative of this trial...now that it is ending. The husband even said to me that maybe the point of the whole trial was just so I could have THIS experience. And I have thought about that quite a bit, and you know- he may just be right.
And I am absolutely appreciative of this trial...now that it is ending. The husband even said to me that maybe the point of the whole trial was just so I could have THIS experience. And I have thought about that quite a bit, and you know- he may just be right.

5 comments:
Nat,
We have been out of town so we don't know everything that has been going on, but I am so glad that you feel Heavenly Father's love for you! What a tremendous blessing! I would love to hear your full experience sometime! Love you!
So profound to me!! Thank you Natalie, you were there to help me when I needed it the most! Seriously, your call was meant to be...thank you, thank you, Thank you!!
You did such a good job tonight at the fireside! I'm so jealous that you get to be a ma!
Thank you for such wonderful insight. I love reading over your blog and have missed not keeping in the blog world for the last month. Just had some busy and crazies going on that I had to step out for a bit. Enjoying getting caught up. I think about you and pray for you every night (yep - every night, serious). I hope you are well!!!
What you said is so true. Our wants and what the Lord has in mind for us are not always the same. I know you have been hurting, but know that you are loved, and you will receive even greater blessings from the Lord than you can ever have imagined. I truly believe that. I have experienced it.
Post a Comment