School starts on Monday. Might I remind you- yet again- that we are homeschooling? And as the beginning of the school year comes closer, and all of my friends and family are talking about sending their kids back to school, I begin to wonder "WHAT THE HECK AM I DOING!!!!!!!!?"I mean- come on- I am not the most patient mother in the world. Though I wish I was. And I'm working on it. And I am not the most organized person in the world. Though I am slightly better at that than patience. I actually called the husband this morning in a bit of a panic- "School starts on Monday and I still don't know what to do about the computer, or work space for the girl." To which he calmly replied, "Probably if we don't have this worked out by Monday you will freak out right?" WHAT!? I'm freaking out right now! OK- not really. But my, not so calm reply to him was, "YES!".
Can I pause for a moment to tell you how grateful I am for my husband? I love him to death! There is no one else in the world that could put up with me and my emotions as well as he does. And he still loves me too! WOW! Blessed I tell ya!
Anyway- we talked for a while- during which time I was trying to get the boy to clean up his room and he was laying on the floor crying "it's too hard!" And I lost my patience. And now all of his toys are in my room. Not my finest parenting moment. Maybe I shouldn't have been trying to multi-task. He has already earned some of them back though. Because I am trying to atone for MY mistake.
Back to school- I know we are doing a good thing. And the right thing for the girl (and our family) at the moment. But I KNOW, some days, I am going to want to have some time to myself. And I will have my children with me 24/7. And it will be trying. But I have to do it, because I know it's best, for now. But the closer it gets the more I am second guessing this decision. And it's hard. But we really do need to figure out where the computer should be and stuff.....BEFORE Monday. (oh- and I better get a schedule made too)
This life stuff- it's tricky sometimes.
Hope everyone has a successful school year!

5 comments:
I'm glad that I'm not the only one who isn't super patient. I too have taken all the toys out of my kids rooms, but it actually makes me feel better.
I think homeschooling is a good thing and I think that you will do great at it.
No worries, Nat! You should've seen me yesterday. I was like a drill sergeant making my kids clean the playroom. "This goes there!!! Not here!!! Are you playing or are you cleaning!? Helloooo?! Are you paying attention?! Drop and give me 10!" (Kidding about the last one of course). :) My point is we all lose our patience sometimes!
Good luck with the school thing. You'll do great and so will Addie.
prayer. lots of it.
So tomorrow is the big day. Hope everything got worked out. Thinking about you! Good luck!!!!
our schools don't start until after labor day here. maybe you should start using our school calendar? =) good luck, my dear. you'll do great.
Post a Comment