So I got a little behind on this while I was busy and not blogging. I enjoy doing it. It is especially good for those times when I want to be just like my children and WHINE about everything. It FORCES me to focus on my blessings. Even if it is for only a moment. At least while I am thinking on it I KNOW I have had at least 1 thing to be thankful for that day or week.
There may not be exactly 12 things, but it will be close. And so without further adieu I will attempt to catch up....
9: My talents
I have recently had the opportunity to be reminded that I do have talents. A couple weeks ago I went over to a mommy/daughter activity for my sister's ward. She had asked me to come and help her by taking pictures of the different moms and daughters. They turned out cute. What really made me go "WOW!" was, when being introduced to someone, she sat and told them all of the different things that I can do. In a very complimentary way. When you are looking at yourself, you don't always see all of your talents. But to listen to someone else tell it, I sounded like wonder woman or something! I guess I have been blessed with a couple talents. And I am glad that I can use them to help others.
And now, since this is the month we honor mothers........
10, 11, 12, & 13: My sisters
I have 4 beautiful sisters. They are the most amazing women I know. And pretty much my very best friends in the whole world. They are those people that you look at and think, "I want to be just like them when I grow up!" And it's true. And I think that pretty much every other person that knows them thinks the same thing about them. I know that I can call on any one of them at any given time and they will be there for me. I know that no matter how silly of a thing I may do or say, they will forgive me and love me still. I know that I would trust any one of them to raise my children for me if I needed to and that they would be taught just as I would teach and loved as I would love. I am so blessed. I have a picture of the 5 of us together (taken at Easter) , that I promised I would never publish. I know if I did, I would be voted out UNANIMOUSLY. So I can't risk it. I would be loosing something too precious. But the picture proves that these are some of the funnest ladies around. And I love the laughs we share whenever we are together!
14 & 15: My sisters
I also have 2 brothers who married wonderful women. And they are also my sisters. And our family would not be complete without them. They are the only girls that my brothers ever dated that I liked. I am so glad that they married into our family. They are loving, giving, caring women who make my life brighter and better by being a part of it. I miss them when they are not here and love every moment of time spent with them. (and I would also trust either of them to raise my children as well) With one, I feel I can be myself and share my honest thoughts & opinions freely without worry of offense. And if offense is unintentionally given, she forgives quickly. With the other, I share so many common interests that have proven to be a fun way to become even closer. And I am glad to have someone to talk about all that with.
16, 17, &18: My sisters
Wouldn't ya know I have more sisters! 3 more to be exact. They are the husband's sisters and sis-in-law. And again, I consider them my sisters. Because they are so wonderful. I have developed a strong relationship with one of them and am still working on that with the others. But that doesn't mean I don't love them dearly. It means I have had more time to get to know one than the others. One, the husband's older of the 2 sisters, I have known pretty much as long as I have known him. And we have always gotten along well. She is an amazing mother. And friend. And I don't know how she accomplishes all that she does. If there is one thing about her that is our downfall together, it is that we can NOT talk for only a short amount of time, and sometimes we just shouldn't be on the phone. The other has been growing up the whole time we have been married and lived away from home for most of the time I have been part of the family. She is super smart and pretty amazing. And a little fearless. She moved out to LA not knowing anyone. And for no other reason than, she wanted to. And the last has been in the family for less time than me. She is a very successful woman. Has a wonderful career. Is a mother to beautiful little girl. And is married to the husband's brother. And she is just absolutely the PERFECT person for the job! I get to know her a little better every time I see her. And she is ALWAYS a joy to be around.
19 & 20: My mothers
The absolute best has to be saved for last. MOMS! MY moms to be exact. I love them with all my heart. One raised me and the other, the husband. They are the greatest examples I have of how to be a successful wife and mother. They have shown both of us how to have a successful marriage and family. They have taught tirelessly, loved endlessly, comforted lovingly, counseled ceaselessly, and cooked, cleaned, baked, chauffeured, doctored, cheered, etc... effortlessly. I love them. I praise them. I honor them. I want to be just like them. I am grateful that I was raised by one and lucky to be loved by the other as well.


1 comment:
this is a sweet, heartfelt post. and i'm pretty sure all these people love you as well!
and just so you know, i would lead the rebellion if you ever do publish that photo!
Post a Comment