Saturday, April 17, 2010

The end of an …era(?)

Could it be called that?
Am I using that term correctly?
What does that really mean anyway?
How long is that?

Well the point is…….i’m done. And I’m sad. And it was fun while it lasted. But it’s time to move on and focus on more important things. (even though it didn’t cut too much into my time)
This morning I woke up at 5:30. It was week A after all. And I had to go and coordinate my site. But it was my last time. And what a way to go!
I got there and checked my produce. Then I sat and waited for someone, anyone, to come and help out. I sat until 6:30 and no one showed. So I decided that I better do it myself. And it took me 20 minutes to get the whole thing done. Because there were a whole whopping 7 baskets! I don’t know how I managed. hehe And I was loaded up and headed home by 7:15.

I have enjoyed being a Volunteer Site Coordinator for Bountiful Baskets. I have done it for 3 years. And only a few times felt overwhelmed. Mostly I have just enjoyed it. And I have seen some of the prettiest mornings that I would have missed if I had been home in bed. So when I got home this morning I cried. It seems sad to me to be giving up something that I have enjoyed so much. And I know it’s time to move on.
For more information about Bountiful Baskets and where to find a site near you go to their web site

4 comments:

Rosalyn Francis said...

How did I not know this about you, my friend? Hm. You are full of colorful surprises, beautiful morning colors included.

big_smartmouth said...

i'm looking it up now to see if i have one in my area. i really want to try it out (free produce is always a plus!!).

TrishAnderson said...

My sis-in-law is a site coordinator here in Tucson. The funny thing is that I got her set up to do and then have NEVER purchased a basket down here. Only when I was up visiting my sister when she was in QC. I know I NEED to actually do it, but I seem to forget with everything else going on.

Cara @ Gardenview Cottage said...

Good for you - 3 years is a long time. That is a great company with wonderful produce. I'm sure you can still see early morning sunrises, just do it from your nice warm cozy bed!