Friday, January 8, 2010

Think...Think....Think..... of Something Positive

My back has been hurting me for the past few days. Well OK, since Monday. And on Tuesday I started my period. And on Wednesday I was feeling like I had ANOTHER cold coming on. And could you just guess that I am feeling run down? And maybe a little sorry for myself?

So I tried to come up with something positive in all of this.
I got this:
  • In my having to sit still, because I couldn't really walk around or move too much, I was able to finish a quilt, THE quilt, that I have been working on for about 2 years now. And all that remains to be done is to tie it and bind the edges and get it in the mail and send it off with lots of love included.
  • I was able to scan all of the husbands mission pictures into the computer. Also something I have been trying to do for  more than a few years. Because- if you get film developed in Russia (in the 90's) they only develop the negatives...and then you have to get the pictures developed. So another thing to mark off my list of projects to complete.
  • I have gotten myself organized enough to actually accomplish the goals I have set for the year.
  • I have watched some of my NEW Doris Day movies...except the one that is a  widescreen black & white. Because the only chair I can sit in that doesn't give more pain is in my bedroom. And the TV in my room is a 13". And it is REALLY hard to see a movie that size on a TV that size!
  • I got a nice backrub from the husband.
  • I found FHE lessons for the whole of 2010. So my children will be able to learn the themes and songs...becasue I am on the ball!
  • I read about 1/2 the January Ensign so far. It's really good. If you haven't picked it up yet...you should do that soon!!
  • I joined a General Conference (online) Book Club. I'm sooo excited about it! (you could check out the link on my sidebar)
  • Through it all I have been SUPER patient with my children. (only I don't think that one is because of this...I made some changes in the way we do things around here)
  • And my buns are sore. Like I had a really great workout. Because I think I did. All the back hurting has caused tense muscles. Now that hey are finally relaxed...sore buns. And a really great 4 day workout!
  • And because I got the quilt done (mostly) I am now back in the blogging world! And I am happy about that. I love my blog(s)!
  • I realized that going to the Chiropractor is CERTAINLY a necessity!
So I hope that I was not complaining too much. And that we can all see the positives that have come out of this trial.

But I also want you to know that while my back is feeling better today. And my period is ended, and the cold seems not to be that bad....I now have a sore throat that feels a little like the "strep throat "kind of sore throat and not so much the "cold coming on" kind of sore throat.

*sigh*
I guess this too shall pass.....

6 comments:

Summer said...

Where did you find those fabulous FHE lessons? That excites me!

Diana Carver Photography said...

LOL! I do hope you get feeling better. It's no fun when you are achie.

Amanda Griggs said...

I'm sorry you haven't been feeling well. I hate it when I have back problems. I threw mine out when I was 12 weeks pregnant with Isabelle and the doctor at the OB kept asking me if John beat me. I was glad to get it fixed!

Feel better!

Cara @ Gardenview Cottage said...

I love all this positive thinking - keep it up it's infectious!♥

Ruth P said...

I loved reading this post! Looking at the positive makes everything seem better! That is something I really want to do more this year. Thank you for helping me remember!

TrishAnderson said...

Thank you for setting the example for us in finding the silver lining in it all.