Sometimes....in life....you think of people you want to be like.
Sometimes they are real people.
Sometimes they aren't.
Today....for me....they are.
My mom.
Every day mom gives freely of herself. She has a large family that she raised. And now that we are all grown and out of the house...she worries about our spouses and children as well. She also has a ward full of children she worries over. (she's the primary president) And as if that isn't enough, she works full time. And on top of that she has taken my grandma (her mother-in-law) in to her home to love and care for in her later years.
Every day mom gives freely of herself. She has a large family that she raised. And now that we are all grown and out of the house...she worries about our spouses and children as well. She also has a ward full of children she worries over. (she's the primary president) And as if that isn't enough, she works full time. And on top of that she has taken my grandma (her mother-in-law) in to her home to love and care for in her later years.
Mom does struggle with the last one sometimes. I can't fault her. I probably would too. But she tries hard. And that is great. And in her struggle to find unconditional love for my grandma she has done a fabulous job! Most of all today. I don't need to tell details of anything. But I want my mom to know how proud I am of her! In a difficult situation she was able to tell me that she was hurt, but not bash on anyone. Or re-hash the whole thing. She was a Chirst-like example to me today!
My sister Ruth.
I don't have a better picture...sorry.
I don't have a better picture...sorry.
I was sitting with grandma today. Mom was at work. The phone rings. It's Ruth. She says that she noticed that the floors were dirty yesterday while she was there. And that she was going to come over and clean them for mom. She came. And she cleaned. And they are sparkling. (and the boy immediately spilled crumbs on it)
As she worked we talked (sometimes I helped too) and she told me of her busy day. And all that she had going this day. And she was NOT complaining. Just talking. And I was even more impressed with this woman I call sister. Because through all of that, she took the time away from her oh-so-busy life to come and do service for mom. WithOUT complaining!
And as she left, she said I didn't need to tell anyone that it was her. But I did. I know that was something mom needed today. And I think that Ruth needs to be appreciated for it. So- sorry Ruth. I told. You are amazing. Thank you for listening. And heeding. I wish I did that as well as you.
These are only 2 of the amazing ladies in my life that I wish I could be like when I grow up. Two ladies who strive daily to become more like their Savior. Two ladies who love their families unconditionally. Two ladies that make my world a better place....regularly.
On a side note-
I finished the quilt today. I am sooo proud. Of myself.

4 comments:
a SIDE note? Congratulations! Please post a picture of the quilt!
And then, I have to say how much I loved hearing about your Mom and sister. Beautiful.
Such a lovely tribute to two great women. I think we all have women like that in our lives. But we also need to remember that occasionally, we are that woman for someone else. I forget about that until someone will tell me something kind someone said about me. I get shocked and think, they were watching, oh. I know you are that woman for many others as well!
such a sweet post! those are amazing women. aren't we lucky to have them in our lives?
Great post. I love your mom!
It was so great to talk to you tonight. Again, I can't wait to see the quilt and I miss you tons!
Post a Comment