Tuesday, October 20, 2009

blah

I have been feeling blah for about the past week or 2. Not with everything. I have actually been de-junking the house. And I feel GREAT about that....despite the growing pile of stuff that has got to go...in my living room!

No- what I feel blah about is myself. I am not feeling that I look so great. It all started when I colored my hair a couple weeks ago....and it didn't work out too well. I MUST remember that I should NOT stray from the brown that I love so much....and the occasional highlights. The color I used did NOT cover my grey.YES I have it. NO I am not thrilled about it. And I feel it is a HUGE travesty. But at least I have the skills to take care of it...I just have to remember to focus on that.

So today I thought- recolor the hair and trim it....that should take care of the blahs. And maybe I will feel a little cute again. NO SUCH LUCK! the color looks immeasurably better. The haircut, however, is not quite what I had in mind. I cut off too much. DANG! I guess it will grow back. And maybe if I am wearing something besides the nightgown/moo moo from grandma.And maybe if I put on some makeup. Then MAYBE I will feel better about hair that is a bit shorter than I intended it to be. And I'm sure in a couple weeks I'll feel like it's too long.

But until then.....BLAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So here are pictures to illustrate my point..................
This was about 3 or 4 weeks ago. Really good hair day. And I felt pretty this day.

And today. After the haircut. No make-up. Ugly smile. Big zit. Moo moo. I look like an elf. AND the husband just told me I look "Crazy in an insane sort of way". THANKS. A. LOT.

Oh well- this too shall pass......I hope.

PS- please do not think this post is a dig for compliments!! It's my blog. I'm just documenting (journaling) a moment in my life.

7 comments:

Kacie said...

You look beautiful and trust me I have some way blah days but the next day you get up and try hard and everything is right again! Right now is a blah day for me also so I'll come join ya!

trublubyu said...

nat- this haircut does NOT look bad! You still look like your cute little self. and zits can be covered up!

but, i can related to blah. i have been there. with moo moos.

i love you!

Ginny said...

i feel blah every day in my moo moos! It's rare I get ready anymore these days! But I think your hair looks super cute and you ALWAYS have cute hair!!! Lucky. You may not feel like it, but to me your hair is always perfect looking

Ruth P said...

I like your hair fun! I think it looks fun! And I like the color! I hope your blahs pass quickly. That is no fun.

Charity said...

Gray hair IS a travesty...you are so lucky that you have SKILLS to do it yourself rather than the other low-lifes that have to wait to get thiers covered and find all too obvious ways to try and cover it.
And the blah moment?...It WILL pass. Now go eat some chocolate girl. You deserve it.

Calli Potter said...

Okay, so I actually like the shorter hair than the first photo because it gave the side more height, and it didn't look as flat (not that I didn't like the first one... I just really like the second one). No matter what, I am always jealous of your hair because you can rock it no matter what. P.S. I think some dark red/violet highlights would look amazing!

TrishAnderson said...

I have missed you and your blog. I don't think you look blah at all!! I think we all go through those periods of time of BLAH!!! I love the shorter hair, but knowing how I feel about myself a lot of time, I do understand what you mean. Good for you for de-junking. I love those times too. Right now I feel mostly opposite. With my sister moving out of the country I just inherited a ton of stuff to store or keep and I just don't know what to do with it all just yet. Any way - you look fabulous and I love the do!!!!