Monday, September 7, 2009

LOST........finally

I was sitting in my room a bit ago. The children were in bed. The husband was at the store. I was about to turn on a show and edit some pictures.

Enter: the girl

"Mom I want to pull my tooth out tonight."
"You do? Go ahead."
"No I want you to pull it out."
"Are you sure?"
"Yes."
"OK. Get me a couple of tissues."
"I'll just bring you the whole box."

And so I proceeded to wiggle the tooth. And she started to cry.

"OW mom. It hurts. I want to do it tomorrow instead."
"But it's turned sideways. Go look."
she goes...and comes back
"Did you see?"
"Yes, but I still want to do it tomorrow."
"But it's soo loose. What if you swallow it while you're sleeping!?"
"NO! I don't want to do that."
"Then let me try one more time."
(I know- I'm horrible)

And I did. And it came out.

And then came the dilemma of figuring out what to do with it. I had not really though of this before. In the husband's family they put the tooth in an envelope and placed it under their pillow. In my family we placed the tooth under a cup on the counter (or windowsill).

So we are proud to announce that after more than a year of watching friends (& cousins) loose teeth, and wondering (or crying about) when her day would come...............
The girl has OFFICIALLY lost her first tooth!
This was the weirdest tooth I ever saw. I am not sure why. It turned pink. And then a couple weeks ago it started to break. So the whole top of the tooth broke off. I am very relieved that it has finally come out.

8 comments:

mom and dad said...

Way to go Addie and mom! I glad to know that that tooth came or was forced out. Did you hqve a visit from the tooth fairy?

LucyH said...

I don't know how you do it. I will never be able to pull my childrens teeth because I hated losing teeth as a kid. So let me just say that I am very impressed that you are able to do that!

Randibee said...

Yay for the first tooth! Way to go, both of you!

Diana Carver Photography said...

Yay! So what did you decide to do with it?

Ruth P said...

How exciting! Amber is excited because one of her little teeth is feeling loose. How did she leave it for the tooth fairy?

Crafty Cowgirl said...

so what did u decide to do with the tooth? cup , envelop etc? tooth fairy?

Cara @ Gardenview Cottage said...

I love to pull teeth!!! Who's horrible now??? We have a tooth fairy pillow that my Mom made the girls. She made me one when I was little and now they have their own. It's a little pillow with a pocket in the front to hold the tooth. Mine was a red velvet heart with white eyelet trim. My brothers was a blue gingham hippo pillow with two white teeth - the teeth were the pockets. I love the cup idea!!!

andrea said...

How exciting! They always look so much different when they lose teeth! My little sister is 7 and has just lost both her front teeth, she looks so much older now!