Friday, August 7, 2009

On my mind today

Some of the thoughts I have been having today are....


I had forgotten how pleasant my children can be when I am dealing with them one at a time. The boy is actually quite cute when he's not buggin' the girl.

I love the boy's little voice. I have been listening to him tell me "stories". He has been laying on the couch whispering them at me. All I know is that they begin with "Once a time" and end with "The end".

I love having a clean house. I have gotten more done in the last 3 days (since the girl went back to school) than I did all summer. I feel like I can sit and do nothing without feeling guilty.

I love watching Britcoms. They make me happy. They are so silly and watching them helps me de-stress. And that's always a good thing.

I love seeing the joy on the girl's face when she gets to take her lunch to school in her Tinker Bell lunch box. And knowing that I put that smile there makes me even happier. It makes me feel like a good mom.

I'm about tired of the boy buggin' the dogs all the time. Why can he just NOT leave them alone.

I have a wonderful husband. I am so grateful that we are married. He works so hard to provide for our family the way he feels is best.

I am super excited that I have found a way to get caught up on all of my scrapbooking. PSE photobooks are a wonderful thing!! I sat down last night, after the kids went to bed ,and in about 3 hours finished through July of 2004! (Yes, I'm that far behind)

For the first time in my life I am TRUELY learning the meaning of the saying: Use it up, wear it out, make do, or do without.

So maybe my thoughts aren't earth shattering, but it was just some of the stuff I was thinking this morning while cleaning up around the house.

3 comments:

big_smartmouth said...

ha! great post!! thanks for putting a smile on my face. oh, how i miss A & E...i know lucy doesn't miss him, though! hehehe! =)

trublubyu said...

those are some awesome thoughts! those little things are so important.

i am glad you are learning the "use it up" thing. maybe somethings are blessings in disguise, huh?

mom and dad said...

I love the thoughts and those things that you think and feel. It's good to reflect and count the blessings one by one! You are one of ours! laaf mom