So this month I took COURSE II of the Wilton cake decorating class. It was great! I had a blast. And my end cake turned out pretty cute. We learned how to make flowers out of Royal Icing. And we learned the basket weave technique & rope border...which I LOVE. (SOOO easy & cute) We also learned a technique called color flow. I had never heard of this before. It is a very runny frosting that you use to make certain patterns...in this case I made butterflies. It dries really hard and will shatter if dropped & melt if it gets wet. Mine didn't turn out very good. But it was fun to learn. And I am planning on making a


8 comments:
nat, your cake is so cute! i love it- it looks like a flower garden on a summer day with all the butterflies. love it! you are awesome.
plus, i want to know how you got the cute fonts.
That is so amazing!! Looks like a really fun class and you're talented!
Look at you getting so good! I would love to have a lesson from you :) I love decorating cakes...but I am not trained at all! I've always wanted to try that class.
WoW! Simply amazing! So talented.
Wow that was a really pretty cake! I bet it took forever and it looks so good! Anytime you want to bring me a cake in Idaho I won't object!
Great job! You are getting so good!
Awesome! And Nat, your cupcakes for Ginny's shower were so beautiful and delicious! Thank you so much for making them!
super cute!! i loved the end result! oh and you're wrong...your butterflies are adorable!! btw love the new blog and the new text. i'm sooo going to have to steal it from you! LOL
Post a Comment