I don't know why, but for the last few days I have been having an especially difficult time having patience with my children. I am struggling. The husband knows this. And he tries to help...but you know how that goes. Yesterday when we were talking about the reason the boy was frustrating me, the husband says, "I know just how he feels." So these are the "helpful" things I am getting from him. Only he does mean it to be helpful...it's just not. ☺
Today as I was making dinner, the husband keeps asking if there is anything he can do to help. But it was a simple meal, and so-NO-there wasn't. After dinner was over and I was clearing up, I just needed to get away from people for a moment and so I went to my room to sit down and take a quick breather.
There are 2 chairs in my room- my big stuffed comfy chair, and the computer chair. There was a dog laying in my comfy chair, so I went to the desk. And see a card taped to the monitor. The envelope says "For Sweet Natalie". Awwwww
I take it down and open t up to find the funniest picture ever. It looks like it is from the 20's or 30's. A lady with a HUGE afro. On the inside it says- "Nancy always had thick ankles, but no one really noticed." With "Love you!" written under that
On the opposite side was one of the sweetest notes that my sweet husband has ever written. Basically- Don't worry about my shortcomings, most people don't even know what they are. And that to my family I am the best wife and mother ever and they don't know what they'd do without me. I cried. But that's nothing new. I do that......often.
It was just a nice, unexpected surprise. And that's what made it so special to me. The husband is not really a very spontaneous person. And so when he is able to do things, even little things, to surprise me- I LOVE it!!! And not only that it reminded me of the file folder OVERFLOWING with cards. Cards from me, cards from him. For the first few years we were married we gave each other cards OFTEN. And I loved that. And it reminded me that it was a good thing. And I need to do that more.
Today as I was making dinner, the husband keeps asking if there is anything he can do to help. But it was a simple meal, and so-NO-there wasn't. After dinner was over and I was clearing up, I just needed to get away from people for a moment and so I went to my room to sit down and take a quick breather.
There are 2 chairs in my room- my big stuffed comfy chair, and the computer chair. There was a dog laying in my comfy chair, so I went to the desk. And see a card taped to the monitor. The envelope says "For Sweet Natalie". Awwwww
I take it down and open t up to find the funniest picture ever. It looks like it is from the 20's or 30's. A lady with a HUGE afro. On the inside it says- "Nancy always had thick ankles, but no one really noticed." With "Love you!" written under that
On the opposite side was one of the sweetest notes that my sweet husband has ever written. Basically- Don't worry about my shortcomings, most people don't even know what they are. And that to my family I am the best wife and mother ever and they don't know what they'd do without me. I cried. But that's nothing new. I do that......often.
It was just a nice, unexpected surprise. And that's what made it so special to me. The husband is not really a very spontaneous person. And so when he is able to do things, even little things, to surprise me- I LOVE it!!! And not only that it reminded me of the file folder OVERFLOWING with cards. Cards from me, cards from him. For the first few years we were married we gave each other cards OFTEN. And I loved that. And it reminded me that it was a good thing. And I need to do that more.
Oh- and now the girl thinks she has been slighted because she didn't get one. Life is SOOOO unfair!

6 comments:
How cute! I get very impatient a lot of days so don't worry you are a great mom! That is so cute that he thought to do that what a great example! I might have to hint hint that to brandon!
That is sooooo nice. I love it when my husband does things like that as well. As with you it doesn't happen often so when it does it is really special to me!! Glad you know you are loved and we ALL feel that way. I have been praying for patience so much over the last week (part of it was I was PMSing and I was working hard not to be short with my family!) Then it seemed as though the struggles multiplied. I had to remember the line about patience from the movie Evan Almighty. It is a daily effort to improve.
Just want you to know that I love you and I am glad we keep in contact via our blogs (thanks for your sweet note on my post).
Trish
Nat- That is adorable and so precious of the husband to do. What a cutie. You hang in there. Sometimes it helps to have more than one person tell you to hang in...even when that person is the husband.
Thanks for reminding me that I'm not the only one who struggles sometimes.
You have a good husband, Nat. I am so glad that he was able to help you feel the love that you need.
see? why don't more husbands do that more often?? i tell my hubby all the time that it doesn't take a lot of money or extravagant planning to make a womans day...just SOME thought! illya cooked dinner for us on sunday and then CLEANED UP AFTERWARD SO I DIDN'T HAVE TO! see! now that's a turn on! way to go ammon. i've always known you were an awesome husband and here's just some of the proof. and, nat, give yourself some credit. a great man like ammon wouldn't pick just an average woman for his wife. he done good w/ picking you!
I always knew that Ammon was a keeper! What a great guy!!! Be sure to tell him that for me, would ya?
Post a Comment