So remember that DVD from the cereal box? Yeah well, besides making my legs weak I thought it hadn't done anything. By the end of the day yesterday I was also VERY sore in my obliques! I didn't feel it at first. But I could definitely feel it last night. It was a better work out than I thought!!! I'm excited to do that one again!
I worked out at Shirley's yesterday. We did 34 min to a walk at home DVD. It's probably going to become "the ol' stand by". We both really like that video and it is long enough to give a great workout, but short enough when we need a short day. Besides it has a section on there that uses ancle cuffs with resistance bands to work your legs, which we haven' been able to do togeher because Shirley doesn't have them- they come with the video. HOWEVER- she has been making her husband do that video with her in the evenings and he thinks it's OK, (lhe says it's not too "dancy or girly") so she's thinking about buying her own copy. Then we could do it. I like it. I like working my legs. Probably becasue that's the one part of my body that has any muscle in it.
Today we did a yoga video she has. This was the first time I have done yoga since I started exercising this time around. I'm used to my quiet slow little DVD (filmed in Sedona...soooo beautiful!). This one kicked my hiney!!! It was a faster pace. We did 30 minutes of it and that was about all I could take.
Tomorrow we are going to do a stability ball workout she's recording off the BYU channel. I went to a class at women's conference that was about taking care of your body. The lady that does this show was one of the women that spoke in that class. She was very good. And I am glad that I can "see her in action" now. We'll see how it goes!
I worked out at Shirley's yesterday. We did 34 min to a walk at home DVD. It's probably going to become "the ol' stand by". We both really like that video and it is long enough to give a great workout, but short enough when we need a short day. Besides it has a section on there that uses ancle cuffs with resistance bands to work your legs, which we haven' been able to do togeher because Shirley doesn't have them- they come with the video. HOWEVER- she has been making her husband do that video with her in the evenings and he thinks it's OK, (lhe says it's not too "dancy or girly") so she's thinking about buying her own copy. Then we could do it. I like it. I like working my legs. Probably becasue that's the one part of my body that has any muscle in it.
Today we did a yoga video she has. This was the first time I have done yoga since I started exercising this time around. I'm used to my quiet slow little DVD (filmed in Sedona...soooo beautiful!). This one kicked my hiney!!! It was a faster pace. We did 30 minutes of it and that was about all I could take.
Tomorrow we are going to do a stability ball workout she's recording off the BYU channel. I went to a class at women's conference that was about taking care of your body. The lady that does this show was one of the women that spoke in that class. She was very good. And I am glad that I can "see her in action" now. We'll see how it goes!

No comments:
Post a Comment