Saturday, March 7, 2009

In need of a better attitude?

"I am thankful for a lawn that needs mowing, windows that need cleaning and gutters that need fixing because it means I have a home.... I am thankful for the piles of laundry and ironing because it means my loved ones are nearby." ~Nancie J. Carmody

I read this quote on a blog I came across today. The blog- TOTALLY cute & worth while. The quote- NEEDED!

I realized I don't have a very good attitude about these things a lot of the time. I tend to focus on what's wrong with my house and the things I "need" to make it better and cuter. I tend to forget to just be grateful I have a home to begin with. I can do better about that. It make take a lot more convincing to be grateful for laundry though! And forget the ironing- it'll never happen! :)

4 comments:

Melissa (Murdoch) McKinley said...

good quote! will you send me your email so i can invite you to my blog? lissamurdoch@hotmail.com

Ruth P said...

That is a great quote! I have been feeling the same way, that I want to be more grateful for what I have. I agree with the ironing though! That is why I only buy Scott clothes that are wrinkle-free! :)

Randibee said...

What's an iron? I'm not sure I even own one!

TrishAnderson said...

Love the quote and I agree. I gave up on ironing a year ago and send Josh's laundry out to be cleaned and pressed. My time is way too valuable to be standing at an ironing board.