Friday, December 19, 2008

10 things I've learned over the last 10 years......

THEN
1- You don't always get to be right. But if you are married to a good man he lets you think you are. And doesn't give you a hard time when you aren't.

2- Sharing a queen size bed with a 6'4" man AND 4 dogs gets a little crowded. And it's easier to just buy a king size blanket instead- or you end up using separate blankets. Ideally you should just get a bigger bed (oh- and to kick the dogs off)

3- Being sealed in the temple is the ONLY way to go. And going back to have your children sealed to you makes it that much sweeter!!!!

4- Adoption is an amazing process. And soooo worth the wait!

5- I may not always like him...but for sure I always LOVE him.

6- Don't fall asleep on long trips when you're the navigator- you may end up in Barstow. Having a GPS is definitely easier!

7- It's not always easy to put others first. And you don't always want to. But life is happier- you are happier- when you do. (why I had to get married to figure this one out, I don't know.)

8- If you have a hard time having kids collect something like figurines or you may end up with 4 dogs! Which is great and all (especially if you're an animal person) but gets a little harder once the kids finally come along.

9- It's ok if your husband helps out around the house- ie: laundry, dishes- he is NOT telling you that you are a bad wife. Even if that's how you choose to interpret it.

10- I may not have married my best friend 10 years ago, but I am married to him today. How lucky is that! And every year I am more in love than the year before!

Just a little FYI- (pretty watered down version)

Ammon & I met when we were 14 years old. We went to the same high school. Had some of the same friends. He even told me later that he dated one of my friends because he liked me and thought it would get him closer to me(??). We never dated- though we did dance at many stake dances. I hated dancing with him because he danced too close. My mom was always one of the chaperones- I KNEW I was gonna get in trouble. I never did. Mom must have known something I didn't- even then. After High school we didn't see each other for about 5 years. I moved to Utah. He went on his mission. When he came home my mom saw him and told him I would be moving home soon, and that he should call me. I moved home- and called him! We dated for 2 weeks and got engaged. Our engagement lasted 3 1/2 months. We were sealed in the Mesa, AZ temple. I have been married to best man in the whole world for the past 10 years and love it! It hasn't been easy every minute. But it sure makes it easier knowing I married the "right one".

I am grateful for Ammon and the man that he is. I am so blessed to have a husband that lets me be who I want to be. And appreciates me for it. He never sees my flaws. Or if he does he never tells me about them. Wish I was as good back. He may not have the ability to be spontaneous & fun all the time, he tends to be more serious and down to earth, but he tries cause he knows I like it when he is. And I love him for trying. We balance each other. And that is good. Life is good. I have heard that it gets better. Well I can't wait to find out!!

I LOVE YOU AMMON!!!! HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!!!!
NOW
ps- this morning he surprised me by not having to go to work. and then he asked if i wanted to go to the snow. so we are taking the kids up t0 play in the snow for a fun day trip/ family date! what cute little husband i have!!! good thing i just got done making the whole family scarfs and hats! we get to use them today!!! :)

7 comments:

Heidi said...

Happy Anniversary! What a sweet post. Hope you had a fun day in the snow, post some pics!

trublubyu said...

what a sweet post. happy anniversary to the two of you. a whole decade? wow!

big_smartmouth said...

you should come up here to play in the snow! we almost got a foot today!!

happy anni, you two. i look forward to the day when illya and i can say, "happy 10th anniversary" to each other. i know it seems like a long time from now, but i know it'll go by fast! (only a little under 7 years, and 3 months to go!)

btw, nat, i must say, your hair has improved a lot in the past 10 years! =)

Jenny and Tony said...

Happy Anniversary! I don't see a different in the pictures, you are just as happy now as you were then.

How was the snow???

Rosalyn Francis said...

Hey! Merry Christmas and Happy Anniversary! You two are such great people. I love your picture and I feel so lucky to have been able to be around you two so much. I will never forget the day in Primary that Ammon made me laugh so hard. He can be a lot of fun. You guys were the cutest newlywed Primary teachers! Did I tell you how much I love your wallpaper. I think I love the stars the best... and I love blue at Christmas. Hope you are having a wonderful day! I am loving this relaxing afternoon. love you!

Cara @ Gardenview Cottage said...

such a cute post! we are at 14 years! can't believe it!

Tiffany said...

So sweet! Congrats!!