Sunday, October 5, 2008

Good to be back!

HEY EVERYONE!!!!!

OK- so maybe I should be getting in bed about now...or a bit ago. But I am so excited about having the Internet again that I just couldn't go to sleep tonight without posting. We got all hooked up again yesterday afternoon.

Just to update....
Ammon is back from Kingman, AZ where he worked for about a month after we got home from VA. It was hard but, but still easier than being without him for 3 weeks in VA when he was working in WV. We are thrilled to be home.

Have had a blast getting to visit with all of the fam.

I LOVE having a car again....especially one with a/c! And am even more grateful for my home than I was before.

I have loved seeing all of my friends again. And am reminded that-YES- I do have more than 1 friend! YAY!!! I did miss everyone so much while we were gone. I LOVE my friends! I miss the ones that I made this summer.

I still haven't gotten all of our stuff unpacked. But mostly that is books and toys and that kind of thing. And in the mean time I have been cleaning out everything in my house. We WILL be having a garage sale SOON. I just want Ammon to help me clean out the garage and then we will be ready. And we have to move a couple things out of our room still. I love that everything is looking so less cluttered!

I already have a new calling in my ward......I am a Cub Scout Leader. This is a new one for me! I am at a TOTAL loss! But it is just another new adventure and I will learn. Right now I will be working with the Webelos. I went to my first den meeting last week. We have 4 boys. They are sooo funny! It will be fun to get to know them.

I have started school with Addie. I made a schedule and did really well sticking to it. Although I set aside 3 hours for school every morning. We have been getting done in 2. So I guess that is a good thing. I have been told that you can pretty much do kindergarten in about 1 1/2 hours 3 times a week and be right on target or ahead, of the public schools, depending on your child. So I guess we will do just fine. And I think Addie is loving the undivided attention and structure.

I think that is about all for now. I need to go to be for now. Hopefully I will be able to get all caught up on your blogs soon. And have something more exciting or funny to talk about next time. Plus I still have a gazillion pictures to put on my picture blog. Oh well- some day I will get it all put back together!

5 comments:

big_smartmouth said...

yay!! you're back!! feels good, don't it?! and just wait until you have everything unpacked, de-cluttered and in its' right place. it's a sigh of relief, let me tell ya'! anyway, i'll call ya' later. just wanted to leave a note saying WELCOME BACK TO THE BLOGGING WORLD!

big_smartmouth said...

ps LOVE the your layout design! very fall/halloween chic!

Heidi said...

Yay, so glad you have internet again! You will be great as a cub scout leader!

Cara @ Gardenview Cottage said...

Glad to have you back! I'm in need of cleaning out and having a garage sale - maybe when Abby's gone I'l do a massive sweep of her room and she will never know! hehehe Ü

Remember that blogging is for fun and don't stress about being behind. Just enjoy it! (is that helpful wih the guilt?)

Kacie said...

I don't know how you did it without internet! That was like my source of entertainment! I'm glad you are back! That will be fun to do school with Addie and to have Ammon home!