Friday, July 11, 2008

52 Weeks of Blessings #18- Sight


As I am in another part of the country, that looks so much different than where I live, I am seeing so many new and wonderful things. I am grateful for the sight I have that helps me be able to enjoy these things so much more. Even thought I don't have perfect vision, and want to have it fixed, I am grateful that I do have it. As I see the sights around me. As I look into the faces of my two sweet babies. As I see the words on the pages of the books I am reading right now. As I see my sweet husband walk in the door from work every night and see his lips to kiss him"hello". My grandma has been legally blind for years. All she sees are fuzzy shapes. Reading was one of her favorite things to do and I know she misses it terribly. I am worried that the same may happen to me some day. It scares me. Do I take full advantage of the time I have now? Do I appreciate the gift my sight is? No....but I do today!

1 comment:

Carrie and Troy Keiser said...

What a great blessing! I can totally agree. I too have been noticing the world around me and seeing it's beauty! And wishing that I remembered me camera every time I leave the house!
You kids are beautiful, love the new photo.