Imagine my surprise when I heard a knock on my door tonight at 8:00 PM. I couldn't figure out who would be here. As I get the dogs outside so they don't wake up Ephriam, and then open the door I see a white car driving away from my house.
WHO COULD IT BE!!!??!
For a second I thought it might be my parents because they have had a tradition of doing something on Valentine's Day. Then I thought "They wouldn't drive all this way just to do that and turn around and go home without visiting." They did when I lived 5 min away from them, so you could understand my confusion. Also they don't have a white car! Plus I had just barely talked to my dad on the phone about a 1/2 hour before. AND it's not Valentine's Day yet- they have only been known to come on the actual day.
For a second I thought it might be my parents because they have had a tradition of doing something on Valentine's Day. Then I thought "They wouldn't drive all this way just to do that and turn around and go home without visiting." They did when I lived 5 min away from them, so you could understand my confusion. Also they don't have a white car! Plus I had just barely talked to my dad on the phone about a 1/2 hour before. AND it's not Valentine's Day yet- they have only been known to come on the actual day.
Those are the very best kind of surprises....except when someone calls to tell you you're getting a baby ;). These are the things that warm my heart, AND (it may sound silly to you) make me feel soooo loved. I think I have an idea of who did this, but since it's supposed to be anonymous I will send a great BIG "THANK YOU" out there. And let the people responsible know- that so made my night....especially in light of a little stress I had been under recently.
She was so happy that I let her stay up a couple minutes more and have a cookie before bed. (And was very concerned that daddy would have one too when he got home.) So thanks for thinking of the little 'ol Carpenter family! We (I) needed that!
And Addie was SOOOOO excited about it!
She was so happy that I let her stay up a couple minutes more and have a cookie before bed. (And was very concerned that daddy would have one too when he got home.) So thanks for thinking of the little 'ol Carpenter family! We (I) needed that!
AND just so you know.....good job on being soooo dang quiet. I have 4 dogs who bark at the slightest noise. And I can't remember them barking ONCE....until they heard the knock, of course! So whoever put up all of those hearts without making my dogs bark......YOU ARE AWESOME!
FYI- each link in this post is different. All the web pages are from the same website, but click on them and see what you find out. And besides there is A LOT more stuff on that site about Valentine's Day, etc...

3 comments:
Surprises are the BEST, aren't they?!
Happy V-day today!
I remember doing that for young womens! Except we would tape the hearts on popsicle sticks and stick them in the grass!! I love those kinds of things, especially when you need it! I hope you have a great Valentines day!
how fun!!!!
and yes, Sy and Addy are at such a fun, enthusiastic age. i love it!
Post a Comment