Friday, December 28, 2007

Christmas is finally over and.....

I think this was the BEST one so far!

So to catch up on the last week here we go........

December 22nd- "Desert Party".
This started I can't remember how many years ago. When there were no houses and we only had to drive a couple miles south and we were in the desert. What we do is go out to the desert, build a bon fire, eat dinner, tell Christmas stories, and sing carols. We LOVE this tradition!!



This year we headed out to Queen Creek to my sister & brother-in-law's property instead of driving out to Saguaro Lake, like we have for the past few years, since there is no "desert" close by anymore. Ammon & I loved this since it only takes about 30 minutes to get home from there. (unlike the 1.5 hours it takes from the lake)


December 23rd- Christmas Sunday.
I bought my children's Christmas outfits at the beginning of November, but they don't get to wear them until the Sunday before Christmas. So of course we have to take pictures before church.

Of course we had to drive into town on Sunday after church. We went over to the Carpenter's to celebrate Ben's birthday and Poppy being home. The we went over to the Potter's to drop something off. My brother & sister-in-law were there and we were all about to leave we thought maybe my niece could spend the night. This is the first time Addie has had someone spend the night. It was 10:30pm before we got home and 11:30 before I was able to get them to sleep!






Ammon made smiley face pancakes for breakfast. (I asked him to make me just a plain one)


December24th- Christmas Eve.
By the time we got home from Christmas dinner @ the Potter's the kids were bushed and Ammon was not feeling well. They all went to bed. I was up until 2am...you can guess why. This is our tree and stockings as they were right after "Santa" put them together.

I might mention that this is the first time in 4 years we have not seen Addie's Aunt Connee on Christmas Eve. But we did talk to her and she was having a blast in Las Vegas!







December 25th- Christmas Day We got to sleep in until 8:30am before we had to get up! How nice to have little children that don't really "get it" yet! But I'm sure next year that will not be the case. I think Addie just doesn't realize that she can get up earlier yet. And again- I'm sure next year that won't be the case. But when she did get up she was VERY excited. Santa came! She got a camera and Ephriam got a big tonka truck (the soft kind). Ammon got a cordless drill.


Then we wet over to the Carpenter's.





Grandma & Grandpa had fun with them. After Christmas dinner there, we went to the Potter's. We had our annual Christmas "White Elephant" gift exchange. And played games...of course! I think we went home somewhat earlier than we would have since Ammon had to work the next day. But that's OK because we were plenty tuckered out by the time we got home! It was a good day!!!


OH- and in case you were wondering Santa brought me a cricut die cut machine and tickets to see The Pajama Game! I can't wait to go see it. I LOVE it when Santa actually listens when I tell him what I want!

Hope you had as Merry a Christmas as we did!!!

5 comments:

Heidi said...

So glad you guys had a good Christmas! You must've been a good girl this year...Santa brought you good stuff!

Rachael said...

I'm glad you had a merry Christmas! I'm excited you get to go see the Pajama Game!

Cara @ Gardenview Cottage said...

It looks like you had such a fun holiday. Your kids looked so cute in their Sunday best!!! Addy's hair is TO DIE!!!!!!!!!!

andrea said...

What a fun Christmas! Your kids are so beautiful! I can't believe how big they are! Santa was good to you :)

Jen said...

I am so bad about commenting lately. Hmmmmm....I wonder why!
Love all the pictures. I am glad one of us is good at blogging! We need to scrapbook so we can use those cricuts of ours!