Today while looking at my family's blog I read the sweetest post from my brother-in-law about what their family has gone through and how it has impacted them. I want to share a little of it.
"... It has been an emotional and touching time for us to re-realize how fragile life is. It is also amazing how much the value of our children has increased. Both of us have wanted to be parents for as long as we can remember and, as you know, it took much prayer and nearly seven years for us to realize any children. Now, after three previous high risk pregnancies, the fourth is our first not to fully experience mortality.
Thanksgiving will always have a new and different meaning for us--we are grateful for the miracles that our small children are. What wonderful gifts they are! Father has been good to us and we do not question his wisdom.
Quincy was so heart-broken, cried and ran to hold her mother when she found out. ...Ellie is aware and occasionally asks questions about it, but of course, it does not have the same impact on her and Rees as the rest of us.
What miracles our children are. Each one is so precious and pure. We are grateful for the trust placed in us as their parents for this season of eternity, and pray that they will be ours forever.
Although we have shed our share of tears, we treasure this experience as it has strengthened our family bonds and our ties as a couple.
We love you and are grateful for you all."
Thanksgiving will always have a new and different meaning for us--we are grateful for the miracles that our small children are. What wonderful gifts they are! Father has been good to us and we do not question his wisdom.
Quincy was so heart-broken, cried and ran to hold her mother when she found out. ...Ellie is aware and occasionally asks questions about it, but of course, it does not have the same impact on her and Rees as the rest of us.
What miracles our children are. Each one is so precious and pure. We are grateful for the trust placed in us as their parents for this season of eternity, and pray that they will be ours forever.
Although we have shed our share of tears, we treasure this experience as it has strengthened our family bonds and our ties as a couple.
We love you and are grateful for you all."
I cried as I read the words Chris wrote. I am so grateful that my sister has a loving husband who understands the gospel and our Father's plan so well. I am grateful that she has the priesthood in her home to bless her. Especially at this time. I am grateful that we all live close and that we can all help each other when we need it. I'm grateful for parents who taught us correct principles. And that they care enough about families to want us to value it as well. That mom works so hard to have family functions even now that we are all grown and have families of our own.
I LOVE the Thanksgiving time of year. I am so grateful for so many things in my life. I am so glad that we have a WHOLE day to just focus on the things that matter the most in our life!!! I hope we can all remember what is truly important not just now, but always!
I LOVE the Thanksgiving time of year. I am so grateful for so many things in my life. I am so glad that we have a WHOLE day to just focus on the things that matter the most in our life!!! I hope we can all remember what is truly important not just now, but always!

1 comment:
I am sorry to hear that. How devastating for them. You are a great sister and she is lucky to have such a wonderful husband too.
Post a Comment