OK, so YES she can drive me crazy. And YES about a million times a day I have to tell her not to yell at her brother. And YES I get tired of her "tattling" on Ephriam. And YES this age is PARTICULARLY trying for me.But I look at that cute little face and my heart melts. I sure couldn't ask for a sweeter girl! She has such a desire to make people happy. She tries her hardest to make us ALL happy. And even (most of the time) when she does the wrong thing, and gets in trouble for it, she didn't realise she was not making a wise choice.
She says the cutest things. And I just have to laugh. Yesterday we were at the park in Mesa for her cousin's birthday. She came to me and showed me 2 of her fingers. One on each hand. She was crying, but only a very little. Her fingers were bleeding (I guess I cut her nails too short this time). I asked what happened, and she said to me, "I was playing too hard!" It took A LOT of self restraint to not bust up laughing right in front of her!
Today after church we were sitting on the couch. She had a sucker that daddy had promised her before church. I had a little bag of mini m&m's. She looks at me and says, "Mom, you want to share those with both of your babies." Now this is DOUBLE funny...1- because I had given Ephriam a couple and she wanted some too, and 2- because EVERY time I call her my baby she AUTOMATICALLY tells me she isn't one, that she is a big girl, etc...
Who would have guessed that our home would be blessed with such a sweet baby 3 1/2 years ago. I could not have asked for a better daughter. I hope that she ALWAYS knows that we love her with ALL our hearts and that we do not look at her differently just because of a little thing called adoption. (Which story she is VERY interested in lately, BTW. Her's & Ephriam's. She wants me to tell them to her regularly now.) Besides that's only for this life. She is a part of our family ETERNALLY. In 2 weeks from today it will be a year since we were able to go through the temple with her. She still talks about the temple. And she wants to go back all the time. I guess if I'm a good mom I will take advantage of that GREAT teaching opportunity! "You will be able to go back some day and be sealed to your husband & children, if you CTR." Something like that. Besides that there is a good chance that she will be able to go back before that...with the way our family is built! HAHA
Now bear with me as I write a little note just to Addie...
I love you Adelaide Brynne! No matter what, you are mine and I love you! Never doubt the love mommy & daddy have for you. You are one of our very favorite people in the whole entire world! We are so blessed to get to be your parents. Be patient with us as we try our hardest to be the best parents we can. We are still learning too. Just like you make a bad choice sometimes, so does mom. We can learn together. And that will help our relationship grow stronger. I was told in a blessing once that, if I work on it, we will be great friends. I really want that to happen. Please help me along so we CAN have that kind of relationship!
All my Love~
Mama

2 comments:
Addie is a gem. Amber has that same outfit. We need to take their picture together in it!
Amber just loves Addie. When we were leaving the park on Saturday, Amber was crying as she hugged Addie goodbye. It was pretty sweet to see how cousins love each other!
Addie is a sweetie pie!!! You are one lucky mom to have 2 beautiful children!
Post a Comment