Saturday, July 18, 2009

So I have been doing pretty good at exercising. Maybe I need to re-commit and work harder.But at least I have been doing it. However this week I am really on about eating differently. You can only go so far with just doing one or the other. And I tend to have a hard time getting the two together.

I started reading a book called Set for Life. This book talks about eating whole foods. Whole grains, fruits, vegies, etc... It is really good. And has all of the info you need to eat well. Plus over 350 recipes. They ARE yummy. I have eaten some of them before.

But I realized my problem- I get too overwhelmed when I start to think about it. I don't know where to start, and so I don't. I can start exercising just fine. But when you start talking about planning meals- HEALTHY MEALS- for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. With snacks in between.... I just get to scared of it and never try. And that is how I am feeling right now. I read a great book, with all the know-how. And I still can't bring myself to do it. There is even a 3 week menu planned out for you.Using all recipes from the book. With grocery lists.And I am still too overwhelmed to do it! I know they say that once you get into it and make it a part of your daily life it will become second nature. But I worry that won't happen for me. And that I'll never get it!!! I guess I just want someone to do it for me, so I don't have to go outside of my comfort zone. Not someone to eat healthy and exercise for me, but someone to plan my meals,cook for me, & tell me what to eat. All day, every day. And that won't work. But that's what I want.

By the way- I got a heart rate monitor yesterday. I have already calculated what my heart rate should be for optimal fat burning during exercising. I am very excited to use it. I think this will put that get up and go back into my workouts!

No comments: