I have figured out part of my problem with blogging!
Most of the posts I want to do include pictures. To me, it is a chore to... locate the camera, take out the card, plug it in, and upload. (plus I want to put the pics on my laptop, which the husband has been using a lot lately) So I don't do it until I have to. Then by the time I do that, the event is so far in the past that I really don't care about blogging about it any longer.
And I feel like the whole blog thing is becoming a bit of a chore for me. I have said in the past that my hobbies (& I do consider this a hobby) go in waves. Right now I'm not feeling this one. But I feel like I still need to do it because it's a journal of sorts. Self- induced pressure.
Most of the posts I want to do include pictures. To me, it is a chore to... locate the camera, take out the card, plug it in, and upload. (plus I want to put the pics on my laptop, which the husband has been using a lot lately) So I don't do it until I have to. Then by the time I do that, the event is so far in the past that I really don't care about blogging about it any longer.
And I feel like the whole blog thing is becoming a bit of a chore for me. I have said in the past that my hobbies (& I do consider this a hobby) go in waves. Right now I'm not feeling this one. But I feel like I still need to do it because it's a journal of sorts. Self- induced pressure.
Sad.

9 comments:
I agree with the picture thing!
I SO feel your pain... But I DO love your pics and posts. Sans pics or not. Keep em coming!
Hmm, we have opposite problems. I have to upload my pics immediately or it drives me crazy. I know what you mean about blogging though. Sometimes I'm totally in the mood other times not at all. Sometimes just leaving it 2 weeks or 3 is all I need to get back in the mood to do it. It's my journal too so I understand the pressure!
We enjoy the posts - even if there aren't any pictures that accompany it. Thanks for sharing your thoughts and life with us readers/friends, however far away we are!!
see, downloading the pictures and uploading them to my blog is the only thing that keeps me interested in the whole thing!! it IS a chore, but i'm so crappy at journaling and scrapbooking that this is my only way to keep up. i really do feel a little bit of pressure leave my body once i finish a post...that is, until i realize i'm about 10 posts behind with my current life!!
One comment:
http://www.eye.fi/
I'm with you on the whole thing. But this too is my journal, so I keep thinking about how I will regret not writing enough later on. Pressure!
Oh, Nat...please don't think that your blog is a tireing thing and that maybe you will give up on it..The pictures are super when you post them but they aren't the reason I check in..sometimes this is the only way I know what's going on with you and then too I get a peek at your heart and those things that are important to you..I thank you for the laughs, sighhs and cries....laaf mom
Ditto. Couldn't have said it better myself.
Post a Comment